New Delhi, India
Mon-Sat, 8.00-18.00. Sunday CLOSED
There was a time when we used to spend the whole day in books or journals to search for any word, place, or things. But now the scenario is different. You can easily find any place, hotels, words even news on the web. Whenever you find any difficulty you just Google it!! Do you know what exactly these Google, yahoo, etc are called?
Well, these are search engines. A search engine is defined as a web-based service that helps the users to search for information on the World Wide Web in a systemized manner. Example of some widely used search engines are:-
- Internet explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
Search engines can further be categorized as:-
- Crawler based search engine –These types of search engines use a “spider” or a “crawler” to search the internet.
- Human-Powered Directories –It depends on human-based activities for listings.
- Hybrid Search Engines – They are a mix of crawlers and directories.
Features of the search engine:-
- It is easy to install/set-up.
- It provides password-protected pages.
- It provides you with “whats new list”.
- It improves the site by adding more content in the subject areas.
- It provides you with the site map.
- It is easy to use.
Tools required for search engine:-
- Google Page Speed insights
- Moz local listing score
- Google analytics
- Ahrefs backlink checker
- Moz link explorer
- Google keyword planner
- Google trends
- SERP simulator
- Similar Web
- XML sitemaps
Why search engines are important?
- It helps to find the information quickly and easily.
- It is user friendly.
- It helps in the promotion of brands.
- It acts as a medium between the users and the content.
- It helps to increase the goodwill of a company.
- It keeps us updated about all the events happening in and around the world.
- It helps the business to advertise their products globally.
Impact of search engine on e-commerce:-
- It has helped in increasing the customer attention.
- It has helped to easily identify the location of e-commerce companies.
- It has helped the customers to check the product availability, discount offers, pricing, and many more.
- It has helped the companies to get the customer feedback/reviews easily and quickly.
“The success of a page should be measured by one criteria: Does the visitor do what you want them to do?”