New Delhi, India
Mon-Sat, 8.00-18.00. Sunday CLOSED
Robotic process automation is the process of using specially designed software, also known as software robots to automate and normalize business processes which have to be manually repeated multiple times. Imagine having a robot or a machine, typing out this article after doing all the research, and doing the entire thing for you, fascinating, isn’t it? While processes involving robots does not house any physical robots (Nothing of the Terminator sort), software bots (robots) try to mimic human activities based on the increasing number of conversations with humans and feedback provided by humans. The main purpose of such robots and software is to recreate most activities that humans can do, and recreate such activities in a complete manner.
fig.no.1.Robotic process automation(.traveldoo.com)
Software robots understand, initiate responses, and connect and communicate with other systems in order to perform repetitive tasks with ease, and with enhanced efficiency. These robots can work across different platforms, with increasing effectiveness, so as to perform all the activities a human can do. It provides for functions like automating the filling of fields, and automatic logging out of accounts, and even filling out forms. These robots have evolved over time, and can now respond to dynamic changes in business fields, and are still evolving. Robot Process Automation helps human in interacting with different software, by communicating with multiple applications at the same time, this is one of the primary objectives of RPA, which is to ease the human effort.
RPA is often seen as a substitute to intelligent automation (IA) supported by Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI), which are often designed on the basis of human feedback and increasing human interaction, to make them more human-like. RPA’s are often incorporated in automating the repetitive business process – filling in data, analyzing data, and communicating with other digital systems, so as to provide a more efficient response.
Why employ RPA?
- One of the chief reasons why a company uses something like the RPA is to minimize staffing and in turn, the revenue involved in staffing, and avoiding human error (even though there are chances that RPA may also house error, but by monitoring it properly, the chances of those errors can be effectively reduced). When it comes to minimizing staffing, it is essentially done by replacing the staff that is required to do a repetitive business process, by a machine.
fig.no.3.Pitfalls of cutting staff (easyemployer.com.)
- Such software robots are usually low-cost, easy to implement, requiring no manual software installments or establishments, it can thus be used by both big scale and small scale companies.
- Enterprises can also increase the efficiency of such RPA’s by introducing Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in the background of such Automation software, this results in a higher accuracy on the part of the machine. (This is the reduction of human error)
- Compliance, these software robots are designed to follow the compliance rules in its totality and provide a complete history of the trailing. This allows the users to have a review of the software bots, if and when required.
fig.no.4.Insurance integrated governance(industrysolutions.com)
- Continuance of work, with the help of software robots work, does not need to stop, the biggest bonus of incorporating such software is the fact that they do not need any manual interference or initiation, and can work continuously.
fig.no.5.Reforming business process(blockchainsimplified.com)
- Better worker morale and experience, with the deployment of the RPA for repetitive business processes, the human resources can be deployed with other higher level of work, where automation cannot work, thus the workers are happy with what they are doing, as it gives them a sense of belonging.
- Higher productivity, with the deployment of such automation services and software, the productivity level of the organization is increased, as the RPA’s provide for enhanced efficiency of work in the same period of time.
Low Technical Barriers, there are no high programming needs for incorporating the Robot Process Automation, the process of designing a bot is as simple as a drag and drop function, which can be used by the non-technical staff too. It thus provides for easy implementation, due to the existence of low-level technology.
Even though there are a lot of benefits to using the Robot Process Automation technology, it is not meant for all enterprises. Considering RPA causes a lot of elimination of human jobs, and like it is with most evolving technology, it is not perfect, there are a lot of RPA’s that have been put on hold, and a lot of RPA’s that cannot be implemented in its totality. Moreover, there is uncertainty over the revenue that can be earned by deploying such Robot Process Automation techniques. However, effective guidelines and monitoring of such software are essential for the efficient working of such software robots in organizations.