New Delhi, India
Mon-Sat, 8.00-18.00. Sunday CLOSED
fig.no.1.Cloud computing and its application(webdevelopment.com)
“Cloud is about how you do computing and not where you do computing”.
Cloud computing is the on-demand availability of computing system resources, especially data storage (cloud storage) and computing power, without direct active management by the user. The term is used to describe data centers available to several users over the Web. Clouds may be limited to a single organization, or be available to many organizations (public cloud).
History of cloud computing.
Cloud computing as a term has been around since the first 2000s, but the concept of computing-as-a-service has been around for much longer. Cloud computing, took hold with the emergence of software as a service and hyper-scale cloud computing providers such as Amazon Web Services.
Advantages of Cloud Computing:
- Cost Savings.
- Strategic edge.
- High speed.
- Backup and restore data.
- Automatic software integration.
- Unlimited storage capacity.
- Quick Deployment.
What are the various sorts of cloud computing services?
Cloud computing types are service deployment models that permit us to choose the extent of control over our information and categories of services we would like to supply. There are three main types of cloud computing services, sometimes called the cloud computing stack because they construct over one another.
- The first cloud computing type is infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), which is used for Internet-based access to storage and computing power. The most basic category of cloud computing types, IaaSallows us to rent IT infrastructure - servers and virtual machines, storage, networks, and operating systems - from a cloud provider on a pay-as-you-go basis.
- The second cloud computing type is platform-as-a-service (PaaS) that gives developers the tools to build and host web applications. PaaS is intended to offer users access to the components they require to quickly develop and operate web or mobile applications over the web, without distressing about fixing or managing the underlying infrastructure of servers, storage, networks, and databases.
- The third cloud computing type is software-as-a-service (SaaS) which is used for web-based applications. SaaSmaybe a method for delivering software applications over the web where cloud providers host and manage the software applications making it easier to possess an equivalent application on all of your devices directly by accessing it within the cloud.
Categorization of cloud computing applications into various types:
SaaS provides these applications categorized into various types:
fig.no.3.Categories of cloud computing application(lexworkplace.com)
1. Art Applications.
Cloud computing offers various art applications quickly and easily design attractive cards, booklets, and images. Some most commonly used cloud art applications are given below:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
2. Business Applications.
Business applications are based on cloud service providers. Today, every organization requires the cloud business application to grow their business. It also ensures that business applications are 24*7 available to users.
There are the following business applications of cloud computing -
3. Data Storage and Backup Applications
Cloud computing allows us to store information (data, files, images, audios, and videos) on the cloud and access this information using an internet connection. As the cloud provider is responsible for providing security, so they offer various backup recovery application for retrieving the lost data.
A list of data storage and backup applications in the cloud are given below -
- Google G Suite
4. Education Applications.
Cloud computing in the education sector becomes very popular. It offers various online distance learning platforms and student information portals to the students. The advantage of using the cloud in the field of education is that it offers strong virtual classroom environments, Ease of accessibility, secure data storage, scalability, greater reach for the students, and minimal hardware requirements for the applications.
There are the following education applications offered by the cloud -
- Google Apps for Education.
- Chromebooks for Education.
- Tablets with Google Play for Education.
- AWS in Education.
5. Entertainment Applications.
Entertainment industries use a multi-cloud strategy to interact with the target audience. Cloud computing offers various entertainment applications such as online games and video conferencing.
- Online games.
- Video Conferencing Apps.
6. Management Applications.
Cloud computing offers various cloud management tools that help admins to manage all types of cloud activities, such as resource deployment, data integration, and disaster recovery. These management tools also provide administrative control over the platforms, applications, and infrastructure.
Some important management applications are -
7. Social Applications
Social cloud applications allow a large number of users to connect with each other using social networking applications.
There are the following cloud-based social applications -
Disadvantages of cloud computing:
fig.no.4.Disadvantages of cloud computing(dataflair.com)
In conclusion, there are many applications, benefits, and drawbacks of Cloud Computing but taking the right steps can lead to the accurate decision which will save the inclusive investment, surplus cost, upkeep, and time. So keep the points in mind one can use cloud computing in the best interest of the company and in a superior way.